After a very cold and snowy winter, finally, a welcoming spring is around the corner.
With the change of season and the end of the heating season comes the change over from maintenance of heating systems to maintenance of air conditioning systems. It has been nearly 9 months since you last relied on air conditioning to perform its faithful service. That means that it is time to arrange for a competent mechanic/electrician to clean and overhaul all automatic controls on your air conditioning systems.
By being proactive you can enjoy the summer without the worry of having a HVAC breakdown.
What should be done?
Place your HVAC system on a comprehensive preventative maintenance plan. This plan should include an annual checkup and cleaning by a qualified technician consisting of the following:
- Check and clean filters as needed
- Inspect and clean condenser coil (removing debris)
- Inspect and clean indoor coil (if accessible)
- Flush and treat condensate drain with algae inhibitor
- Measure temperature difference between supply and return
- Inspect ductwork for potential of energy loss
- Calibrate and level thermostat
- Monitor fan motor and compressor for proper amperage and voltage
- Monitor and record refrigerant operating pressure
- Inspect and lubricate bearings
- Inspect fan blade
- Inspect and service valves for proper operation
- Inspect electrical disconnect
- Inspect and test contactors
- Inspect for exposed wiring
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Tighten and properly torque electrical connections
- Inspect and test safety devices for proper operation
Spring is also a great time for an annual insurance review! Eastern Insurors has provided personal and business insurance since 1947. Give us a call - 800.269.3202 or email us today - email@example.com.